When activating Known Folder Sync in OD4B the sync never starts due to folders that cannot be synced.
These folders are Junction folders on the drive and needs to be deleted.
First do a dir in the users document folder and look for hidden files like this:
Volume in drive C is Windows
Volume Serial Number is 903B-D31E
Directory of C:\Users\USER\Documents
18.04.2018 10.10 2 230 Default.rdp
26.09.2018 11.59 402 desktop.ini
26.09.2018 11.59 Intern video [C:\Users\USER\Videos]
26.09.2018 11.59 Min musikk [C:\Users\USER\Music]
26.09.2018 11.59 Mine bilder [C:\Users\USER\Pictures]
2 File(s) 2 632 bytes
3 Dir(s) 55 879 593 984 bytes free
Then delete the junctions like this:
C:\Users\ÙSER\Documents>rmdir “Intern video”
C:\Users\ÙSER\Documents>rmdir “Min musikk”
C:\Users\ÙSER\Documents>rmdir “Mine bilder”
Other files in conflict with the sync needs to be removed from the local machine before the cloud sync can start. Backup and move the files in case of future needs.
To add users as site Collection admins follow this procedure:
- Connect to the SharePoint admin center
- Select User Profile, then Manage User Profiles
- Find a profile
- Manage Site Collection Owners
- Change the primary or secondary site collection administrator
- Repeat for every single user
OneDrive for Business – The server you are trying to access is using an authentication protocol not supported by this version of Office.
We ran into this error and found the following fix at community.office365.com
1.Accessed Control Panel > Selected the Microsoft Office Subscription > right clicked > change > Selected Online Repair
2.Removed all the stored credentials in the credentials manager (control panel > credentials manager)
3. Restarted the computer
4. Deleted the folder’s below:
5. Sign in Word (opened blank document > file > account > signed out and signed in office 365 account)
6. Started OneDrive for Business. ( from the search bar typed OneDrive for Business> clicked on the app > sync a different library instead >pasted the url of the team site “Public documents” > sync now