If a Clients Local site public IP changes the VPN tunel betwen Azure and the Local Site will disconnect. To fix this do the following:
Connect to Azure using powershell and run the following command:
New-AzureRmLocalNetworkGateway -Name LocalSite -ResourceGroupName [ClientRG] -Location ‘northeurope’ -GatewayIpAddress ‘[Public wan IP 188.8.131.52]’ -AddressPrefix ‘[LAN IP Net 192.168.1.0/24’
(Change the RG and Public wan IP and the LAN IP Net to the correct settings)
When trying to connect a Cisco VPN client within Windows 8 it will fail with the following error:
“Failed to enable Virtual Adapter”
The solution for that is to do a workaround in the Windows 8 registry:
- win + r and type “Regedit” in the Run promt
- Browse to the Registry Key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CVirtA
- Select the DisplayName to modify, and remove the leading characters from the value data up to “%;” i.e.
- For x86, change the value data from something like “@oem8.inf,%CVirtA_Desc%;Cisco Systems VPN Adapter” to “Cisco Systems VPN Adapter”
- For x64, change the value data from something like “@oem8.inf,%CVirtA_Desc%;Cisco Systems VPN Adapter for 64-bit Windows” to “Cisco Systems VPN Adapter for 64-bit Windows”
Then you could try to connect the Cisco VPN client again.